martes, 27 de octubre de 2015

Writing is painful



Last summer, while I was preparing for the ISE III exam that I would take this October, I wrote a fictional blog entry titled “Writing is painful”. Now that I have to start my own blog - the objective being to prepare for the ISE IV exam - I thought: “What a perfect title!” 

After that revelation, I occurred to me to google “writing is painful”. The result caught me by surprise: “approximately  71.900.000 results”. I felt relieved. Then, can it be possible that I am not alone? 

Since my feelings are just the same, I think it is fair enough to finish my first blog entry with that very same text:

Writing is painful. This is the recurring thought that comes to my mind when I am encountered with the task of doing a writing assignment in English. How does anyone enjoy writing? Why was I not born as a naturally gifted writer?
It is not that I hate the language. I do love English. I started to study English on my own some twenty years ago and I lived in England and USA for a few months. As my level of English has been improving I have found myself enjoying it more and more.
It is not that I hate reading. I do love books. I have been a keen reader since I can recall. During childhood I would devour any book I laid my hands on. A bookworm I was, reading anything from the classics to the Famous Five.
The problem is that I am not a creative writer. I can be imaginative in many other tasks, such as cooking, sewing or tourist guiding. Give me a new recipe and I will come up with five different variations. Give me a piece of fabric and I will imagine three different dresses that I could design. Give me a writing topic and I will go blank.
I have only been able to write around two hundred words so far, and it has been quite painful I must confess. What I do not know is how on earth I am going to reach the required three hundred words. What could I do to call the muses?
In fact, I do not have any problem if I have to write to a friend, a business report or an online complaint. The difficulty comes when I need to be creative. I have no imagination whatsoever. How can one become a creative writer? I need a MOOC for that!

6 comentarios:

  1. Dear friend, I agree with you, sometimes it is difficult to find somenthing that inspires you. It was easy for me to feed my blog during my stay in Brest (Belarus), a lot of things to write about, the experince was worth a blog. However, now we need to find some ideas every week, but don´t worry, we will do.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Dear Cristina, I do not agree with you at all! I found your text quite creative and I'm sure you have the ability of writing many other texts such as this one, it's just a question of time and training. As Brest glory says, it depends also on the topic, so, I hope you could tell us more about something related to cooking or to clothes design in future posts!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks for your nice supporting words Maria!!
      I intend to write about the pain of writing and later the joy of reading... but thanks for the su

      Eliminar
    2. Thanks for the suggestion! ;-)

      Eliminar
  3. I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, i didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numeriuos times for combination of treatments. and no changes so i decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him i want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what i must do and he delivered it to me in my state which i use according to his instruction, and today i must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life,i am making this known to every one out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waist more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contact him today for you also to live a sound and happy life. he cure the following disease,thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Stroke,Lupus,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Pancreatic Cnacer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.

    ResponderEliminar